1. This Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in the State of Oklahoma and live within the News On 6 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.NewsOn6.com/contests or click here. Employees of News On 6, the Tulsa CW, 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) and their affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest. For purposes of this contest, Griffin Media, News On 6, the Tulsa CW and 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) will collectively be referred to as “Contest Facilitator.”
2. Only one (1) Daily on-air Prize may be awarded, per household, for the duration of this contest, except the Grand Prize Winner(s) must be a daily on-air prizewinner to be selected as the Grand Prize Winner. Winners from any other contest hosted or conducted by 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) must wait 30-days from their most recent win-date before participant is eligible to win with 106.9 K-Hits again. The 30-day period of ineligibility begins the day winner is notified of their winning status. Additionally, any winner of this contest will not be eligible to win a prize from any other contest hosted or conducted by 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) for 30 days immediately following the date winner is notified of their winning status.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT), which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. "Contest Officials" designated by the management and marketing team of 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT) shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules and may change or update contest rules with or without notice to participants.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any person’s participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete, or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
10. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) different ways to enter the Fall 2023 106.9 K-Hits Phrase That Pays Giveaway. The two (2) ways to enter to win one of five grand prizes are as follows below:
1) ON-AIR: Starting September 11th, 2023, through October 6th, 2023, listeners may enter the Fall 2023 Phrase That Pays Giveaway by listening to 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) each weekday morning and afternoon. When the cue-to-call airs, listener must call the phone number given, be the correct caller number and correctly recite the Phrase That Pays to win. In the event the caller does not correctly recite the Phrase That Pays, the next caller will be given a chance. 106.9 K-HITS will continue taking calls until there is a winner.
2) ONLINE: Starting September 11th, 2023, through October 6th, 2023, participants may enter the Fall 2023 Phrase That Pays Giveaway by completing an online entry form located at: www.khits.com or at khits.com/phrasethatpays. All entries must include participant’s name, phone number and email address. In the event a participant does not have an email address, participant should respond with “None”. However, participant must have either a phone number or email address to be contacted in the event they are selected as a winner. If an entry form does not include a phone number and does not include an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm CST on October 6th, 2023, to be qualified.
11. THE PHRASE THAT PAYS: “106.9 (one – ohh – six – point – nine) K-HITS is Tulsa’s number one hit music station. Now give me my money!” (Correct pronunciation: one oh six point nine K HITS is Tulsa’s number one hit music station. Now give me my money!)
12. ON-AIR CUE-TO-ENTER: Each weekday morning, during the 7am hour, 106.9 K-HITS will announce the daily cue-to-enter times. However, to win, a listener does not need to recite the specific times. When the cue-to-call plays, listener must call the phone number given, be the correct caller number caller and correctly recite the Phrase That Pays (noted specifically above) to win. Each weekday, the cue-to-enter will air twice (2) times a day. Therefore, there will be two (2) daily on-air prizewinners each weekday during the promotional period. At the end of each week, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all the daily on-air prizewinners from that week.
15. DAILY ON-AIR PRIZE(S): Each weekday, starting September 11th, 2023, through October 6th, 2023, two (2) daily winners will be selected on-air, as outlined above. Each daily on-air winner will receive one (1) Daily Prize as detailed below:
Total Value: $100
Daily prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value.
15. DAILY ON-AIR PRIZE PICK UP: Daily On-Air Prizewinners must pick up their prize at the 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) studio within 30 days from being notified of winning. Winners must have a valid ID in order to pick up their prize. 106.9 K-HITS reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. Hours and location of the studio are as follows:
16. WEEKLY GRAND PRIZE(S):
1) ON-AIR: Each week, all daily on-air prizewinners will be combined from that current week, and one (1) weekly Grand Prize Winner will be selected by random generator. The weekly grand prizes are defined as follows:
|WEEK||WEEKLY GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION|
|9/11 – 9/15/23||$1,000 to be paid towards the Weekly Grand Prizewinner’s Amazon Wish List. Weekly Grand Prize provided by Warner Records.|
|9/18 – 9/22/23||$1,000 to be paid towards the Weekly Grand Prizewinner’s online Target Wish List. Weekly Grand Prize provided by RCA.|
|9/25 – 9/29/23||$1,000 to be paid towards the Weekly Grand Prizewinner’s online Target Wish List. Weekly Grand Prize provided by Atlantic Records.|
|10/2 – 10/6/23||$1,000 to be paid towards the Weekly Grand Prizewinner’s online Wish List. Weekly Grand Prize provided by Virgin Music.|
Grand Prize Winner’s Wish List cannot include alcohol, tobacco products, gift cards, cash, or any other items that require an age verification. The total Grand Prize value, including taxes and shipping, cannot exceed $1,000. Any amount remaining after the Grand Prize Winner’s wish list has been purchased, will be deemed forfeited. Grand Prize Winner will not receive any portion of the leftover prize in cash. Grand prize has no cash value. (Total Value: $1,000.00)
2) ONLINE: On or before October 13th, 2023, one (1) winner will be selected from eligible and completed online entry forms from September 11th, 2023, through October 6th, 2023. Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) grand prize as fully described below. Only one winner will be selected from the online entries for this contest. Winner will be selected at random.
Grand Prize Winners will be notified by telephone. Once a grand prize winner has been selected, he/she/they will be unable to win a qualifying daily prize and/or another grand prize. Once a grand prize winner has been selected, he/she/they will be required to fill out a W9 digitally or in person and return it to Griffin Media, parent company of 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT). Grand Prize winner(s) has thirty (30) days from the time of being notified of winning to return their W9 to Griffin Media. Failure to return a filled out W9 could result in the grand prize winner being disqualified and their prize(s) revoked by Contest Facilitator, with or without notice.
17. In the event of any of the following occur, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. 106.9 K-HITS is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within twenty-four (24) hours of a message left by 106.9 K-HITS;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
18. PRIZE SUBSTITION: No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed, except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Prize is non-transferable and has no cash equivalent. If Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Contest Facilitator reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
17. By winning, all winners automatically grant Griffin Media, News On 6, the Tulsa CW and/or 106.9 K-Hits (KHTT) unrestricted permission to use name, picture, and/or voice for website, on-air or other promotions.
18. Due to delays in the online streaming of 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT) broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to fully participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are strongly encouraged to listen to 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT) on-air. 106.9 K-HITS (KHTT) is not responsible for online streaming delays.
17. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. In the event winner receives, or has already received, a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Media, Contest Facilitator and/or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2023 calendar year, such prize values will be combined with this prize value. If the total value of all prizes received during 2023 exceeds $600, winner will receive a Form 1099 from Griffin Media for the 2023 calendar year.
18. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Wufoo, Instagram or MailChimp.
20. Complete rules are available at 106.9 K-HITS Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.khits.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.khits.com.