5 freaky facts about SCREAM
13 Days of Horror: Five Fun and Freaky Facts About "Scream"
1. Screenwriter saw a news story about -- a serial killer who murdered five students in the Florida city. After finding an open window in the house where he was staying, he got scared and was inspired to pen an 18-page treatment entitled
2. Both (Casey Becker) and (Gale Weathers) were so interested in the film that they approached the filmmakers to seek out parts after reading the script. Cox really fought for the "bitch" character to offset her "nice" image.
and are a few of the actresses who auditioned for the Sidney Prescott role, which went to
3. To keep Drew looking upset and crying, director told the animal-lover stories about animal cruelty. Judging by the pic above, his technique definitely worked.
4. the voice of Ghostface, wasn't allow to meet the other actors until the movie wrapped -- filmmakers wanted him to just be a scary voice to them. He would hide out on set and speak to the others only over the phone.
5. When attacking (Billy Loomis) with an umbrella during the flick's finale, a stuntwoman missed the protective vest he was wearing and accidentally stabbed him in the chest. Skeet's pained reaction was caught on film and used in the final version of "Scream."