3 moves to a Spring Break body!!!
Tree Pose With Biceps Curl Triceps Press Combo
- Stand with your feet together and both weights in your left hand. With your right hand, reach down and grab your right foot; place it high on your upper inner left thigh.
- Once you feel balanced, transfer one of the weights to your right hand.
- Extend your left arm up above you bent overhead as if you're scratching your back so the weight is between your shoulder blades.
- Extend your right arm straight down to the floor in front of your right knee.
- On exhalation, press your left arm straight up to the ceiling (using the left tricep muscles) as you curl your right hand to your right shoulder with your right bicep muscle.
- Inhale and return to starting position.
- Continue for 10 to 12 more reps and then switch sides. Repeat 1 to 2 more times on each side. Works the entire body, your balance, and your mind, which will have to fully concentrate to do everything at once!
- From all fours, tuck your toes under and lift your knees up off the floor, straightening your legs and coming into an upside-down triangle position. You may need to walk your feet and hands a little farther apart once you are in the pose. Make sure to press between the index and thumb of each hand and lift up out of your wrists.
- Bring as much weight as you can back toward the legs and press your torso back toward your upper thighs, without letting your front ribs splay open.
- Engage your quadricep muscles and feel the hamstrings, lower back, and shoulders opening up.
- Stay and breathe for 5 to 8 full breaths, in and out of the nose.
Superman (or Locust) With Weights
- Lie on your belly with both legs straight and your arms out to your sides at shoulder height.
- Holding a weight in each hand, inhale and engage your entire back body as you lift your torso, legs and arms up off the mat. Exhale as you lower back down to starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 12 more times.
- Make sure to keep the tops of your shoulders down away from your ears. Keep your head in line with your spine (don't overarch your neck) and imagine you're lengthening from head to toes, so your body stays long and active.
- Squeeze an imaginary grapefruit between your shoulder blades to lift the arms up and contract the rear deltoids (great for fighting bra bulge!).
- If the weights are too challenging, you can do this without any weights or drop them after a certain point. Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.