Today's Healthy Recipe (WAKE-UP SMOOTHIE)
Wake up Smoothie
With a stash of berries in your freezer, you can jump-start your day with this nutritious, tasty smoothie in just minutes. It provides vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein.
3 servings, 1 cup each
· 1 1/4 cups orange juice, preferably calcium-fortified
· 1 banana
· 1 1/4 cups frozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
· 1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu, or low-fat plain yogurt
· 1 tablespoon sugar, or Splenda Granular (optional)
1. Combine orange juice, banana, berries, tofu (or yogurt) and sugar (or Splenda), if using, in a blender; cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.