Today's healthy recipe (Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt)
I don't do a lot of cooking, but I wanted to participate in the Christmas cooking this year. I wanted to bring something fresh and healthy to the table this is what I came up with..
Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt
· 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
· 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
· 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
· 2 tablespoon sugar
· 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
· 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
· Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture (Step 2) for up to 2 days.